Today's tally of EHV-1 confirmed positive horses is 74. Two of the horses confirmed today reside in Texas; they belong to a trainer who has horses at Sunland. The information on these two positive horses was submitted to the Texas Animal Health Commission for follow-up.
To date, 17 barns have been released and 10 barns (including Frontera and Sunland) maintain their exposed status..
- Number of horses diagnosed positive for the EHV-1 virus to-date: 72 in New Mexico and 2 in Texas
- Number of horses released today from the isolation barn: 2
- Number of exposed barns that have been returned to non-exposed status to-date: 17
- List of facilities within the quarantine perimeter:
- Sunland Park Racetrack and Frontera Training Center.
Biosecurity measures among horsemen and women are still necessary, such as taking temperatures twice a day, handwashing, washing/disinfecting anything a horse has touched or could touch, etc.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.